Aug 26, 2015

Steampunk Monocle

No views today, I see. Maybe a new item post will change that...

Today we have a new kind of eyewear in stores, the Steampunk Monocle.
Pretty cool, but I think it is underused. Maybe ya'll could start a roleplay or create a steampunk-style animal? Hmm, I think I just found an idea for my new fashion post.

Also, happy Dog Day!

I have had a wonderful time celebrating this day with my own four kids- er, dogs.
My oldest dog was hit by a truck earlier this year. Sadly, I was riding in the front seat of the truck and had to watch him suffer. Poor thing had lived on fifteen years through snake bites, coyote attacks, and being kicked by cows and he gets hit by a truck. Life just ain't fair sometime, huh? Well, I am sure he is happier in his new home above.
Gah, sad bla bla. Anyways, I now have four dogs: a dachshund, a pekingese, a morkie (maltese yorkie mix), and a black lab, which was supposed to be a hunting dog; sadly, every hunting dog we get has some sort of defect or something. Ours is scared of loud noises and goes on "victory runs" when she fetched things.
All of my animals have injuries or deformities that would certainly get them killed in a shelter. My dachshund has several mental issues, my pekingese has one eye, my morkie has a sideways jaw, and my lab is a hunting dog that tries to make friends with deer. Of course, I could not love them any more if they were "right."

If you are considering adopting a dog, don't just go for what looks good. Pick your best friend from their spirit. There are some of the nicest, friendliest dogs in shelters who come to their time and are brutally killed because adopters thought they were ugly. Please help all animals. Shelters do not kill them in a fair way if there were to be one, and I would not want that to happen to me. Look in their eyes and through to their soul, even if they only have one eye. Every animal deserves a chance, ugly and pretty alike, so try to give it to them. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment