Oct 18, 2015

Quick Tutorial: Basic Dens

Since I have been rather dormant lately, I figured I would dig out some images from a while back and create a tutorial on dens, so here it is.
To start off, we all have a simple, basic den...

All it is is some wallpaper and carpet, hmm...
What should we do with it?
Well, here are some tips.
To start off, please, never (EVER) just put as many rare and Beta items in your den as you want. They have their place, and it is not in impossible positions. Here is an example of a bad den to further imply this.
Horrid. Just terrible.
So, what do you do, then? Well, I started this den with some fairly feminine wallpaper, so we will stick to a floral theme.
There we go! Isn't it so cool how I added a simple table set, wall decor, and a bedroom and suddenly it's a good den? I used a swirly potted plant, a luck table with a matching chair and a flower centerpiece, a Jamaa flag in the main room, and a bookshelf across from a striped couch to decorate a bedroom with a paradise rug and flower wall art.
Now, let's say you don't want your den to be that girly. No problem!
Here we have a lovely den that is suitable for anyone. I tried to make this den look a little more... educated, I guess. I used a book stack beside the bookshelf, which has been moved to another wall, a different seat at the table, some bowls to replace the centerpiece, a white furry rug instead of the paradise one, a spiderweb bed with an owl, a treasure chest to add some decoration, a 2015 banner to add style to a blank wall, and I moved the Jamaa flag to the bedroom.

Not all dens must look like a house, though. Check out this den I made with a natural style to make it look nice and Jamaasian!

I hope this helped to make your own den! Feel free to use any of these den styles to decorate your own. I'm pretty sure most of the items, if not all,, are available for all Jammers, with the exception of wallpaper and floors, so try rearranging them in your own den for a super cool look!




No comments:

Post a Comment