Jan 21, 2016

Jamaa Journal 164

(Yeah! Guess who got an update in on time? THIS GIRL!!!)

Hey, Jammers! I'm sorry for the lack of posts since the last update, and I am sad to say that if the weather is not in the blog's favor, I could be stuck in a snowstorm. To be honest, though, that's more of a flurry by our forecasts. Not too much to worry about, though. Isn't it odd that I get so much extreme weather and such though, haha...
For now, though, I can at least update you all on today's news.


First up, Polar Bears have returned. Honestly, these big beauties are one of my favorite animals in Jamaa. Quite the underrated creature, yes? Well, I'm sure many of you are excited for the return of these big guys, so be sure to stop by the Diamond Shop soon!

Next, pet armadillos have arrived! I love armadillos; something about being born with a ball of armor stuck to your back just seems cool to me, hehe. Be sure to customize yours and pick it up while you sit in the Diamond Shop thinking about how you're going to purchase a Polar Bear, Armadillo, and...

Goats! Long ago, there hath been legend that goats would one day come to these lands... That day is approaching. I can't wait for these little guys. I love goats.

We also have a new contest for a new animal to arrive in Jamaa. It strikes me as both odd and pleasing that they used the Heartstone Legend while introducing the contest, but perhaps you would enjoy me skipping lore this time and going on to the fact that we will soon have no only Goats, but also Ostriches, Sloths, and/or Falcons! This was such a hard choice for me... but I did end up voting bird-wise this time and I went with the falcon. I do wonder if the ostriches would be able to fly, though, hmm.

Friendship Festival time, Jammers. Yep, that time of year again... Eating chocolate and checking to see if anyone in your buddy list is actually recognizable. But, hey, free items and a new armor set!

We also have a change in how we send Jam-a-Grams, which are rising in use, it seems. The new interface is quicker than the old one and gives a much larger view of your JAG history.

Now, for a little something that you can just skip over if you want. I had not logged in for three days before yesterday due to a convention and an ear infection. When I did log in, I noticed the same thing I notice everyday. "Jammers" nowadays only care for items. Online currency has overcome international friendship. Where is the uniqueness? Friendship? Fun? What has Jamaa become? I decided to go into Jamaa Township while typing this. The following are direct quotes of what I am reading...

"BETA TIARA ON TRD, PLZ TRD FARE!"
"That isn't beta mine is plz trade''
"Trade me I will decline if not fair"

Is that what we have become? That isn't even in Aldan, where we find these:

"Anything on list 4 spike wrist?"
"Trade me if u want to joing givaway!!!"
"OMG, I have betas for trade, plz trade"
"Any rare stores???"

We need to change this. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment